The mission of the Information Technology Department is to provide the most innovative, highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost effective manner, and to facilitate the achievement of goals and objectives of each of the City’s departments.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for computer systems, web-based applications, voice, and integrated data services to all City departments.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology to meet the overall mission of the City through planning, programming, training, and consulting with all City departments.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the City’s enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support all City functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the City.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.