The city of Bessemer is now taking donations toward the Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort, Mayor Kenneth Gulley announced today. Starting on Thursday, Sept. 7, residents of Bessemer and surrounding areas who wish to donate to the relief effort for Hurricane Harvey can do so by bringing donations to the Bessemer Fire Department Administration Building, 1111 Second Avenue North, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Mondays thru Fridays or at any Bessemer Fire Station on Saturdays, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Donations such as bottled water, toiletries, children’s supplies such as diapers and wipes, canned goods and cleaning supplies will be accepted. No clothing or financial donations will be accepted.
Donations will be accepted until Sept. 30. “We’ve all witnessed the devastation in Houston and other areas affected by Hurricane Harvey and we want to do our part in Bessemer to help,” said Mayor Kenneth E. Gulley. List of Bessemer Fire Department locations: Fire Station No. 1.
– 800 North 18th Street. Fire Station No. 2.
– 1124 Hall Avenue. Fire Station No. 3.
– 2316 Morgan Road SE. Fire Station No. 4.
– 491 Flint Hill Road. Fire Station No. 5.
– 1709 Long 12th Street North. For more information, contact Deputy Fire Chief Gary Carter at 428-5151 or Mayor’s Assistant Toraine Norris at 205-424-4060 or via email at email@example.com